PEACE BEGINS WITH A SMILE...

"Do all the good you can, By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can, In all the places you can,
At all the times you can, To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can." -John Wesley

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Waiting on the Winter Storm!!

Living in Texas I guess you get used to mother nature being bipolar! Literally, last week we were in shorts and short sleeves and it was 80 degrees. Today, several school districts closed due to the winter storm that was coming! It's almost 4 pm and so far it's just cold with a little drizzle. Our school didn't close but we were asked to pick up early "just in case the weather gets bad". This is crazy!! I do like a little winter weather. Actually, I like wearing sweats, sipping hot tea, lighting the fire place and curling up in warm blankets. That is not something we get to do too often in Texas! As to whether or not we will get some real winter weather is yet to be seen. I drove by the grocery store and there were loads of people stocking up on firewood, water, snacks and who knows what else. I opted out of that. We have a gas fireplace and I figured why start grocery shopping now, it's not part of my regular routine!! Surely there will be some restaurant that will be willing to deliver some take out to the Huff household tonight!

No comments: