PEACE BEGINS WITH A SMILE...

"Do all the good you can, By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can, In all the places you can,
At all the times you can, To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can." -John Wesley

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Yet Another Activity...

I think one of my weaknesses is that I think I can do everything and do it perfectly. Once more I have taken on the task of coordinating our Ladies Night Out gift baskets at church. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE doing it, but WOW...like I need something else to do! Tomorrow night (or should I say tonight since it is 1 am) we will have our Christmas by Candlelight ladies night. Church members are invited to host a table which we are responsible for decorating and inviting guests (we usually have about 200 attendees). We have a good ol' fashioned Baptist pot luck dinner, a speaker and then give away some awesome door prizes! I have spent countless hours getting donations from local businesses as well as soliciting donations from our Sunday School classes. I am quite sure people are tired of me asking for things! After being at the church until midnight last night and another late night tonight, I can honestly say I am proud of everything that has been done. The ladies that are on the committe are awesome Christians and a lot of fun to be around! I hope all of my guests will show up and enjoy the evening with me...Hopefully more posts tomorrow as we finally sit back and relax...

No comments: