PEACE BEGINS WITH A SMILE...

"Do all the good you can, By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can, In all the places you can,
At all the times you can, To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can." -John Wesley

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Who Brought That??

Friday night the Shortino's hosted our annual Sunday school party/ornament exchange. Like always, we had a blast with great friends, good food and goofy ornaments! I feel sorry for the new couples who had never experienced our "friendly" ornament exchange. It gets a little chaotic to say the least. Last year I had the football Santa ornament that has been passed around for 8 years! I thought it clever to document with pictures and a little note things football Santa had done with the ol' Huff family over the past year. No one really thought it to be that funny. Most people (the new folks) just looked confused. Katie was clearly disappointed that she and Nathan ended up taking football Santa home. I mean, it is an atrocious ornament, but the fact that he gets passed around year to year is great! Oh well, I'm not as funny as I think I am! Here are a few new memories from our party!
These two love each other wwaaayyyyy too much!
Surely Shane has a better sweater than that!
Clayton, a new guy, and Stephen

They all LOOK so innocent
Katie and Me...cute
They love each other NOW, wait til the ornament exchange starts!
Bet you could never guess who brought these...the guy in the tacky green sweater, maybe?
Rosemond was NOT pleased when Eric traded their cute little ornament for the cat and bird prostitute ornaments!
For a moment, Eric thought it was funny. That was until Ro gave him "the look".
This is the whole group. We had a great time.
Katie and I never seem to have anyone who really likes our ornaments. Shout out to April for acting like she liked my "Go Jesus It's Your Birthday" ornament.

3 comments:

Rosemond said...

I am soooo glad I didn't end up taking those ornaments home!!!

Jenn Vantol said...

Glad to see the tradition our our prized "football Santa" is still living today. What do you mean "Atrotious????"

The Theaux Family said...

Nathan told me I need to work on my disappointed face. I was a little upset at first, but I have decided to outdo you. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings. I like a challenge!