PEACE BEGINS WITH A SMILE...

"Do all the good you can, By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can, In all the places you can,
At all the times you can, To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can." -John Wesley

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Whew...We Have Been Busy!

Even though it has only been a few days, I feel like I haven't blogged in weeks! A lot has gone on in our lives as you can see by the photos. However, there has been much more behind the scenes that sometimes even I can't pull out a camera to document! But, let's stick to what you can see...


On December 1 the cub scouts built bird houses with their dads. It was funny watching them hammer and glue the pieces together! They all did a great job but let me say...there was wood glue EVERYWHERE!



Who's the cub scout that is supposed to be doing the work??


On December 4 Kendall and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary! I can't believe we made it. However, we didn't celebrate on this night. I had my annual gal pal Christmas dinner at Bob's Steak and Chop house with Kelly, Niki and Robyn. We had a great time catching up with each other. I appreciate Kendall letting me go out with my girls on our anniversary. Not that he and I didn't celebrate, as you will see later...

This was a great night of fun!

I love these girls, but we sure missed having Donna there too.

Okay, so the next night, December 5, we went to the Glass Cactus with some friends to hear a great 80's cover band called the Spazmatics! What a great anniversary party we had. We went out with Paul and Melissa Stephen, Kevin and Anna Slayton, Robyn Orear and my newest buddy from work, Dan Yancy. While we were on the dance floor we ran in to Lanny and Amanda Huggins. They were the first couple we really got to know when we moved here. We had a great time long in to the night...
Anniversary gifts were - Kendall new watch with black leather band - me Ug Boots~

Melissa and Me
Kendall and Robyn
The Spazmatics dress like the Revenge of the Nerds guys!
Now on to Saturday, December 6. We watched the SEC Championship game with the Kilgo family (Florida fans). I was so upset afterward I didn't want to continue on with our plans. But Kendall talked me into it and we ended up having a great time despite my misery after Alabama lost to Florida.
Steve and Cindy Harris invited us to their Christmas party at their condo in Dallas. Steve and I used to work together so it was good seeing old customers. I met some new friends who live in Coppell so now we have one more couple to add to the circle of friends!
Allison, Kim and Me
Our wonderful host and hostess, Steve and Cindy

Finally, let's take some family time to finish our Christmas decorations and get this tree up! I can't believe my tree wasn't fully decorated until December 9th! I have never been that late getting the tree trimmed!

Grayson gave up after about 5 minutes, but Jessie was a huge help! Although I did have to move some of the ornaments after she went to bed. Afterall, we needed more than just the bottom 3 feet decorated!

No comments: