PEACE BEGINS WITH A SMILE...

"Do all the good you can, By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can, In all the places you can,
At all the times you can, To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can." -John Wesley

Sunday, November 30, 2008

On To The Next Holiday...

The long weekend is over. Part of me is glad so that the kids can get back in to their routines and quit picking on each ohter. The other part (the part has to go to work tomorrow) wants to sleep all day. The holidays are exhausting! Usually we are in Alabama for Turkey day, but this year we stayed home in Coppell. The Olivas family came over for a somewhat traditional meal. I tried not to over induldge and blow my diet. Here are a couple of our memories....

The good ol' "kids table"
Our meal consisted of Turkey, homemade dressing, corn, Jeanine's famous mashed potatoes, rolls, fresh veggies, chocolate pie, pumpkin pie, and wine - great for a diet plan!

Addyson loved the pumpkin pie and whipped cream!

Afterwards we all went outside to watch the kids, Kendall and Kiki play football in the backyard.

By 3:30 in the afternoon, it was all over. We tried to stay awake for the Cowboy game but I think I was snoozing before the end of the 1st quarter. But after a nice rest, the celebration picked back up at the Higgs house for a little Rock Band and left over food!


And the perfect ending to the exhausting day, was jumping in the hot tub on a cool night!
Despite the late night we had at Shari and David's house, Shari and I fared the crowd at Wal-Mart early Friday morning. It's funny and sad to watch people act like such idiots to save a few dollars. I could have waited until later to go, but since every 7 year old on the planet seems to be a Star Wars fan right now, I had to make sure to get there early enough to get the ultimate Star Wars gear. I did not however, go at 3:30 in the morning like my crazy sister in law did only to have a television snatched out of her hand by a grown man! I mean really! What kind of man takes a TV from a woman?? Anyway, she only came away with a scrath on her hand unlike the folks in other parts of the country who were caught in a stampede. Retail stores should have some type of accountability in this madness they create. Oh well, by the end of the day Friday I had most of my shopping completed. The rest will be done online. That is a good feeling!

No comments: