PEACE BEGINS WITH A SMILE...

"Do all the good you can, By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can, In all the places you can,
At all the times you can, To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can." -John Wesley

Monday, August 24, 2009

A New School Year - Third Grade!

Good morning third grade! Grayson woke up excited and ready to go to school this morning. He couldn't wait to see his friends and be in his new classroom - his classroom is upstairs (in the 5th grade hall)! His teacher seems really sweet, Mrs. Ali Sanabria. Before I could even get upstairs he was seated at his desk checking out all of his school supplies. I am sure it is going to be a good year for him even though my nerves say differently! After all, this is the year that TAKS testing begins! Ugggghhh, the anxiety! Oh well, one day at a time....right??

Jessie and I went home to make breakfast and have some girlfriends over for a little back to school celebration! She helped me make (I use that word loosely, we "warmed" them) quiche, cut fruit and put bagels on the tray. Stacy, Jeanine and Shari came over for a couple hours of girl time. It was fun! After they left we played a few games of farkle and now she is begging me to do puzzles! I'm loving my life right now! Maybe I can catch a nap before we head back to the school for pick up. I can't wait to hear how Grayson's day went!!!

No comments: