PEACE BEGINS WITH A SMILE...

"Do all the good you can, By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can, In all the places you can,
At all the times you can, To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can." -John Wesley

Monday, October 27, 2008

The Big Party!

Well, we did it. We pulled off the suprise party for my mom this weekend. All I can say is that I am exhausted. We flew out Friday, had the party on Saturday and came back home today. It was a whirlwind trip but worth it. Lot's of folks came to the Football/Birthday party that we held in Shane's garage. Everything was planned around not only celebrating mother's 60 years, but around the Alabama/Tennessee game too. We had a custom jersey made for her with her name on the back and the number 60 on it. We also made a movie of old pictures that we watched at the beginning of the party. Shane grilled burgers and hot dogs. We had a cake and roasted marshmallows for desert. The day was filled with fun, family and football. 'Bama beat Tennessee in an awesome game Saturday night. I got to see some of my family that I haven't seen in years and meet my cousin Brad's daughter, Alyssa. My friend Wendy of nearly 30 years brought her two kids. After all, she might as well be family. All in all it was a great weekend. Mother was really surprised. I can't believe no one let it slip that this was happening!! There are several pictures below documenting all the fun! Happy Birthday Frances!

No comments: