PEACE BEGINS WITH A SMILE...

"Do all the good you can, By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can, In all the places you can,
At all the times you can, To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can." -John Wesley

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Scout Camp - Day 2

Aim - Shoot!
Waiting for the next activity

Hit the target!


Leather stamping
Lunch around the camp site
Nature arts and crafts


Exhausted. That is about all I can say. I was a chaperon today and I completely understand why Grayson came home so tired yesterday. I have never been to Boy Scout Camp (for obvious reasons) but I have to say I am impressed. It was very organized and well layed out. But, you have to be physically willing for all of the walking, hiking and sweating. I will admit, it was everything I imagined. Woods, trails, poison ivy, tents, rocks - they have it all. Today was much like yesterday but the kids are on a different rotation each day. Grayson earned his Eagle Claw for hitting the target on the archery activity!! I was so proud. He has yet to hit the target with the BB gun but I know he will eventually. It was all I could do not to help him out. I am a self proclaimed BB gun master!! That's pretty much all I played with growing up! We'll see if he makes it tomorrow. He says he is too tired to go despite all the fun he is having!

No comments: