PEACE BEGINS WITH A SMILE...

"Do all the good you can, By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can, In all the places you can,
At all the times you can, To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can." -John Wesley

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Too Hot to Handle 5k

Well I did it! I ran the Too Hot to Handle 5k yesterday at White Rock Lake with Katie and Katherine! I'm very proud to have accomplished this. I have a lot of friends who are runners so to them, this was no big deal. But it was my own little marathon. I questioned my decision when the alarm went off at 5:30 a.m. for me to get up and meet the girls! And despite the title of the race, the weather really wasn't too hot. The "cool" front we had been waiting on finally came in and the scenery was awesome! Katie took the pictures below of me running. She finished in 39 minutes, Kat finished in 34 minutes and I brought up the rear in 46 minutes/27 seconds. However there were still plenty of people behind me! I'm just glad I was still vertical when I crossed the finish line.

Yep, a guy in a chicken suit!
I'm smiling because I see the finish line!
Almost there...
DONE!

1 comment:

mstephen said...

HOORAY!!! YOU ARE THE BOMB. I am so proud of you. Ran 5K...check, waiting on preggo friend and will run a half in 2010 woohoo...check!! Go girl.