PEACE BEGINS WITH A SMILE...

"Do all the good you can, By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can, In all the places you can,
At all the times you can, To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can." -John Wesley

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Taekwondo Mom


Last weekend I competed in Humble, TX in a Taekwondo tournament. Kendall and I rode down in a sweet RV with our pals Marco and Michelle Rivera. Grayson and Jessie didn't go with us and I am a little disappointed they missed out on this experience. I know riding in a RV doesn't seem that spectacular, but this thing was awesome! A 42" flat screen TV, 2 leather sofas, a fully stocked fridge, a king size bed, 2 toilets and a shower, just to name a few amenities. This thing cost more than my house! I guess that is what life is like when you are a former NFL football player. That's okay, we will just live vicariously through them!

I am still in the running for State Champ and I refuse to give up my title! I really hate that my closest competition is my sweet friend, Michelle. Luckily, I continue to beat her in the forms competition but she is very consistent in beating me in the weapons competition. We both compete with the Bo Staff. And sparring is a completely different story. Since my concussion, I have to say I have not done too well sparring. I usually place second or third, but since I didn't place the day I was knocked out, I lost out on a lot of points. Anyway, I compete this weekend in Vegas, along with Michelle, so wish me luck! It's a big tournament and I need all the points I can get!

3 comments:

The Christiansons said...

you are amazing! if i need a bodyguard someday when i become famous i'm calling you! :)

jrodges said...

Wow!
Way to go Angie... I never knew this about you! :)
Jessica R.

mstephen said...

Congrats!! I was going to add you after we got off the phone today, but realized I only have your Navartis email. Send me one at melissastephen@verizon.net that is current. Talk to you soon!