PEACE BEGINS WITH A SMILE...

"Do all the good you can, By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can, In all the places you can,
At all the times you can, To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can." -John Wesley

Monday, October 11, 2010

Nanny's Quilt

On October 10, 1910 my nanny (my dad's mom), Jessie Pauline was born! As God would have it, I was born 63 years later on October 10, 1973. My sweet girl, Jessie, was named after her. For years I've had a quilt top that she started. My sweet friend, Kari Smith, completed her work by adding backing and a beautiful purple and brown border to it! I am so excited to have something in our family that we can pass down for years to come!

1 comment:

jrodges said...

That is beautiful :)!
I have never seen that quilt pattern before. I have to show that to my sister who quilts :)
I am so glad you have something special to keep and pass on. I have quilts my grandma made as well :)