PEACE BEGINS WITH A SMILE...

"Do all the good you can, By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can, In all the places you can,
At all the times you can, To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can." -John Wesley

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Setting Goals

I am a firm believer in setting goals for myself if I ever plan to achieve anything. Most people who know me well know that if I say I am going to do something, I do it. I said I would graduate from the University of Alabama and I did even though most things didn't play in my favor when I was excepted to the awesome school. I said I would get my black belt in Taekwondo and I did - even winning a state championship along the way. Last year I was determined to lose 10 pounds and I lost 13. Now my goal is to (one day) run a half marathon. Stand back up - I'm sure many of you just fell down reading this! But, many of my friends are avid runners and for years some have been trying to talk me in to this. I did a 5K about 2 months after Jessie was born and swore I would never do it again. But lately I have been thinking about what I would do next. If I don't have a goal, I won't do anything. I'm not one of those who love to work out because it makes me feel great. I do it because I need to. And I am more apt to stick to it if I have a goal. Over the past couple of weeks I have been joking with Melissa, Katherine, Shari and a few others that I "might" think about running. I typically think of myself running to get pizza - not running a race! But I think this is God's way of telling me my next life goal is to run a 5k. So today I started "training". I ran 1/2 mile and walked the second 1/2 and finished in 10 minutes. The worst part was my butt jiggling - that hurts! God willing, I will do it again tomorrow. So, for all you prayer warriors - pray for my success. Another 10 pound weight loss just may be in my future!

1 comment:

The Theaux Family said...

You can do it! Come run with us in the mornings.